Join authors and photographers Ian Wilson and Jacinthe Lavoie as they share their “travelogue with wings” and explore Canada one bird at a time, from shorebirds to songbirds, and raptors to waterfowl.
This colourful 45-minute presentation is a mix of vivid images and entertaining stories ... from watching the intricate mating ritual of cranes, to cedar waxwings feeding a nest of young birds, and pelicans diving for fish.
After the presentation Ian and Jacinthe welcome questions about photography and the birds they have met along the way.
- Ian Wilson
- Ian Wilson has spent many years exploring and photographing northern Canada. His photographs have appeared in many books and magazine across the country. His most recent books are Waterton Wild, Wildflowers of Banff Park, and Wildflowers of Waterton Park.
- Ian has also written five bestselling outdoor adventure books. He is now pursuing his passion of photographing nature, and sharing his knowledge with others at photography workshops in Waterton and Banff Parks.
- When he’s not wandering in the mountains, Ian lives in Canmore, Alberta.
- Jacinthe Lavoie
- Jacinthe Lavoie has been interested in wild creatures since her childhood. With training as a researcher, she has observed and enjoyed nature through each season. Her most recent books are Waterton Wild, Wildflowers of Banff Park, and Wildflowers of Waterton Park.
- Jacinthe has also written twelve educational books. She is now fulfilling her dream of learning more about the outdoor world, and sharing her knowledge with others at nature workshops in Waterton and Banff Parks.
- During the seasons when snow blankets the ground, Jacinthe lives in Canmore, Alberta.
Ian and Jacinthe are authors of three books that feature the wildlife, wildflowers, and scenery of Banff and Waterton Parks:
Find out more about Ian and Jacinthe at their website: http://wildflowersofbanff.com/